Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Glaze & Fluff

So tonight is one of those popcorn-filled-Princess Diaries 2-wish I had bought that other pink color of nail polish for now- kind of nights.  You know the kind; the kids are all tucked in, the husband is out, and you have a few precious moments of relaxation all to yourself.  And then the dilemma begins; how can I squeeze out every last ounce of available time so as to accomplish all of my extra-curricular events in these next two hours, plus possibly get to bed early?  Well, I suppose you could say that tonight, in a way, I'm doing a bit of everything....the nail polish is out (can't decide a color though and time is ticking...does anyone else spend way too much time making this decision...as though it will alter the course of mankind if I pick grey over pink???), ahem....the movie has begun, and here I find myself with the movie on pause whilst I blog on paper (of all things!) to later post via typing if it becomes more interesting than the movie, (as you can see I get distracted by shiny things...movie is still on pause) oh, and the snack is being consumed by the handfuls.

Which brings me to the topic of this blog...my snack.  So with our new clean eating lifestyle, my Tuesday snack and relax time has been modified for the better.  And I must say that I have a brand spanking new favorite glaze for just about everything from carrots to popcorn.  Here it is; and I apologize because I have no idea what the measurements are, however, the good news is that if you go by the rule-of-thumb "to taste" it will turn out swimmingly since your taste buds will be doing the measuring.

Makes-Everything-Yummy Glaze


  • About a "dollop" or two of Butter (the real stuff...none of this man-made margarine stuff)
  • About a 5 second squeeze of Honey (this should go without being said, but this applies if it is from a squeezable honey jar...otherwise..."to taste") ;)
  • A shake of cinnamon (as much or more than what you would put in a chai latte...or other cinnamon-related food/drink. Helpful now?) ;)
  • Melt these ingredients together and drizzle over desired entree (in my case - popcorn)
  • Bon Appetite!
PS: If you're not so concerned about clean eating a small touch of brown sugar in the mix will make it less glazy and more molassesey (and no, I'm not sure if that's even a word...leaning towards a big fat "no" though)...think caramel corn...I didn't do that tonight, but on special ocassions, it's a nice little treat.

There it is! The nailpolish that was never applied & the popcorn with glaze
 that I forgot to capture until it was too late...see the proof is in the pudding...it's good stuff. ;)
Anyways, if you'll now excuse me, I have some catching up to do with a certain Princess Mia and a lovely little place called Genovia (and yes, I know it's cheesy...but frankly...I don't care!) ;)

There she is, the lovely Julie Andrews, aka Queen Clarisse Renaldi
(and me sporting my lovely blue snuggie. ha ha)
Oh, and just in case you're feeling a bit ripped off tonight with the lack of depth to my blog, stay tuned because the deep waters are being turned and all will be revealed in time (and no - no major earthshattering news - just some musings) :)  For now though, just enjoy some "glaze", because every now and then we all need a little bit of glaze and fluffy popcorn in our life.

♥ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share? I'd love to hear your thoughts, queries, and qualms. Please feel free to leave me a little message and let me know you were here. (Don't forget to choose an identity under "Comment As". Oh, and don't be alarmed when you don't see your comment immediately...I like to get a sneak peak before I publish them for the world to see) ;) Toodles!