Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Something Old, Something New

Hell-o-o-o-o-o  (Shout out to Mrs. Doubtfire here) there all of you wonderful world wide web people!  It's such an honor to have you all joining me for this my first-ever-in-the-history-of-my-short-life blog.  In case we've never met, I've included a little picture here so that you don't feel like a stranger. 





Hee hee, just kidding, that's actually my crazy younger brother posing as Gumby.  Below is the real me with my lovely family.





Awww, aren't we cute?  Seriously though, Adam is quite the looker; it's no wonder Warren and Quinn are such cuties. ;)  

Anyways, the point I was wanting to make on here is that we're never too old to try something new.  (Ahh, and you were thinking this was a wedding blog...misleading? Perhaps, but it's too late now, you're here. I win, ha ha!)  

Take this blog for example, it's something that has been nothing more than a fleeting thought over the past year, yet as we enter this new year, I find myself taking on this crazy venture.  And as if this is not a big enough change for me, I'm also turning my love of creating into a small business (It's on Facebook people, if that isn't legit, I don't know what is...check it: https://www.facebook.com/somethingbeautifuldesigns ).  

Have there been challenges? Yes. Have there been doubts? Heck there's been Doubts and Fires (yes, I went there).  Have I given up?!  No...well not yet...this is only my first blog though. ;) Kidding (I hope). Can I do it on my own? Absolutely not.  This is where my hope in Jesus reminds me that I can do no great thing on my own, but I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

So as you look back on the old, whether it be the closing of 2013, the decisions you've made in the past, the unfulfilled dreams and desires, or the sip of old milk that just slipped past your tonsils, remember this quote,
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” ~ C.S. Lewis
So with that being said, let's make a decision today and every moment of this year to choose faith in Christ over fear, hope in who He says we are over despair, and His Perfect Love over bitterness.  

Happy 2014!  May you be blessed with the grace of God this year to do all that He's called you to do.

2 comments:

Care to share? I'd love to hear your thoughts, queries, and qualms. Please feel free to leave me a little message and let me know you were here. (Don't forget to choose an identity under "Comment As". Oh, and don't be alarmed when you don't see your comment immediately...I like to get a sneak peak before I publish them for the world to see) ;) Toodles!