Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dream with Me

Hello friend, foe, or family! ;) So glad to meet up with you here on a wonderfully warm March Break!  (relatively speaking of course with the crazy Canadian winter we've been having here)

I was sitting down tonight to work on a few lessons for later on this week and (most likely in an attempt to distract myself) decided it would be a fantastic idea to write a wee blog (small on the "wee" and big on the "Blog" part) as I likely won't get a chance later on this week due to recent developments of weekend plans (insert a "whoop whoop" here).

With all of the mild weather it's been perfect for puddle jumping and mud squishing...even if the boots are a bit small and the pants a bit big. ;)  And while others are off taking part in grand adventures or meaningful works, we're just enjoying the simple pleasures in life around here.  I won't lie, this has come very naturally for my kids, but it has been a challenge for me.


I tend to be a "dreamer" sort of person, regardless of if it's the ones that satisfy the shallower parts of me to be a world-wide traveler, or the grander, deeper dreams that beckon me to be a revolutionary world-changer; I tend to resort to dreaming larger-than-(my) life type dreams much more than I wish.  Now being a dreamer isn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact, it can be quite good when it is harnessed correctly and is on a solid foundation, but when the dreams begin to consume the dreamer, they have crossed that healthy line.

This week throughout the course of the daily tasks of housecleaning and being a stay-at-home mom I found myself in "dreamer-mode"...not bad...but then a funny thing began to happen as I continued to dream...I began to despise what I was doing and wish that I were elsewhere.  The happy daydreaming very rapidly declined into a place of miserable-woe-is-me-complaining, which then led to that very unhealthy place of "I'm not making a difference, so what's the point?".  Not good, but  sad to say, that's where I was...(side note: why is it that no one pictures this when we say the word "dreamer"???  Hmm...time to insert happy dreamers again)


Aren't they the cutest?!
(If only they always behaved in such an endearing way)
To make a long story short, my priorities had gotten off because I failed to be thankful for what I had and had allowed my eyes to be more focused on what I didn't have.  I had shifted from finding my fulfillment in my relationship with Jesus to finding it in what I did or did not do.  Such a simple little thing, but it makes all of the difference in the world.  And here's the really good news...when we practice that thankful heart attitude, with our fulfillment coming from the one place that never changes, our dreams become just one small part of a much bigger picture that God is painting, to touch and change more hearts than we could ever imagine on our own.

So with that being said, today I'd like to ask you to join with me in helping to support a bigger dream.  I don't normally use my Blog as a place to "solicit", but it was on my heart to do this so here I am.  My good friend Nadine, Ambassador of Hope, from the Organization "Hope for the Nations" left today for Kenya to visit the Children of Change at the Kiungani Home with the purpose of empowering these children who were once without dreams to now not only dream of a better tomorrow, but be equipped to reach it and accomplish their dreams through Project Entrepreneur.  She will be bringing business ideas with her, and teaching ways they can earn and manage money.  Wouldn't it be great if she could reach her goal while she's there!  Whether it's $5, $10, or $100, every little bit helps and will go towards mattresses, blankets, and other basic needs for these Children of Change.  CLICK HERE TO DONATE, and select the picture with the children called "Project Entrepreneur".

Post Media
Could there be a more beautiful way to plant the seed of your dream than by depositing it in the soil of these Children of Change's dreams...and you don't even have to leave your house!  Thank you, thank you, thank you, I'm excited for dreams coming alive!

Crystal

PS: Surprise Nadine! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share? I'd love to hear your thoughts, queries, and qualms. Please feel free to leave me a little message and let me know you were here. (Don't forget to choose an identity under "Comment As". Oh, and don't be alarmed when you don't see your comment immediately...I like to get a sneak peak before I publish them for the world to see) ;) Toodles!